Englishour's mission statement
“Englishour's mission is to empower learners to bridge the gap between formal and informal English, thereby enabling them to always communicate in an appropriate and effective way regardless of the situation.”
English for better business
Englishour offers businesses tailor-made English language programmes for employees (who speak English as a second language) which can be taught on-site. The advantages to business are as follows:
- Improved customer service. For employees who deal with customers directly whether face to face, on the telephone or through emails, an Englishour course will teach them how to maximise the power of their message through the use of appropriate language in any given situation.
- Improved employee communication skills. This means that staff can communicate better and more effectively with customers, in meetings and in their in-house communications with other staff.
- Higher motivation. Learners feel that they are developing both personally and professionally and English language training classes provided will motivate them further to fulfil their tasks as well as they can. To drive employees further, Englishour can also prepare staff to take an independent exam which will measure their level and provide a clear goal-driven syllabus.
- Savings. Englishour offers businesses great value for money with group classes. Being educational, Englishour courses are not subject to VAT.
- Measurable results. Each learner is tested before and at the conclusion of their course. Improvement is marked and collated and provided in the end of course report.
An Englishour English for better business course will focus on areas such as the following:
- Grammar and accuracy. Through a General English syllabus we can teach learners the rules thus helping them to be more accurate in their speech and writing.
- Dealing with customers. Learning about formal/informal structures as well as tone can help the learner to produce the most appropriate response in any given situation.
- Presenting. Giving presentations is a skill which can aid organisational skills as well as helping effective communication both in-house and with customers.
- Negotiating. There are cultural differences in how people around the world negotiate. We can teach learners how to negotiate skilfully with positive outcomes.
- Writing. Today we are required to write reports, emails, articles, presentations and blogs amongst others. All of them require different styles and structures which are covered on our courses.
If you are interested in arranging a course for your business there are four easy steps:
- Contact Englishour at info [at] englishour [dot] ie
- We will send you a detailed proposal outlining the details of your course and offering you the best possible price.
- We will test each learner to assess their levels and also give each a needs analysis form to see what language skills they need to focus on.
- We will then write a syllabus for the course to be approved by you.
Englishour has successfully provided English language training to the following companies: